To help kick off Promise Financial’s launch, we surveyed recently married individuals to find out how they budgeted and planned their wedding. The insights we learned helped guide the development of Promise Financial and we wanted to share some of the most interesting findings with our 2015 Wedding Finance infographic.
A few highlights include:
- The average wedding had 130 guests and cost $29,000
- 61% of people were surprised by how much their wedding cost and 82% went over their budget
- 1 in 5 couples had a destination wedding, which cost on average 60% more than non-destination weddings
- On average, the bride and groom paid 52% of wedding expenses
- 1 in 3 couples would have financed a portion of their wedding, yet only 1 in 10 were offered financing